ABC Meatball Soup
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Yield: 6
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey breast or 90% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Hilray Pure Large Flake Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce or ketchup
- 1 carton (48 ounces) reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup wheat free pasta
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (do not thaw)
Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Transfer to a sheet of foil. Pat mixture into 9 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 1-1/2-inch squares; roll each square into a ball to make 24 meatballs. Arrange meatballs on broiler pan.
Broil meatballs 6 to 8 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
While meatballs cook, bring chicken broth to boil in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pasta and frozen vegetables; return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Add meatballs and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Garlic powder, onion powder or dried thyme leaves may be added to the meatball ingredients. Frozen corn, frozen green beans, frozen peas and carrots, or your favorite vegetable blend may be substituted for the mixed vegetables.
Wheat free version of this recipe inspired by: QuakerOats.com