Spicy Chili Bean Burgers
Total time: 20 min | Prep time: 10 min
- 1 cup Fibre One cereal
- 16 oz chili sauce (beans, undrained)
- 1/2 cup Hilray Pure Large Flake Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped 4 medium)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 5 wheat free hamburger buns (split)
- 1 1/4 cups baby spinach (leaves washed fresh)
- 5 slices tomatoes
- Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet.
- In medium bowl, mash beans with fork until no whole beans remain. Add cereal, oats, onions and egg; mix well. Shape mixture into 5 patties, each about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add patties; cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until brown.
- For each sandwich, place 1/4 cup spinach leaves and 1 tomato slice on bottom half of bun; top with bean burger and top half of bun.