Low-Sodium Whole-Grain Crackers
Total time: 48 min | Prep time: 30 min
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 3 tbsp sugar (substitute)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- In medium bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients. Add water and oil. Using rubber spatula stir until dough forms. Gather dough into a ball. Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out each dough half to a 14 inch square. Cut each square into 3 1/2 inch squares, then cut each smaller square diagonally in half to form triangles. You may have to add a little water in every now and then if it gets too dry. Place triangles, 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks. Store in airtight container. Makes 64 crackers.
Courtesy of yummly.com